View Single Post
Old 11-12-20, 02:15 PM
sdimattia

Bikes: Wabi Classic x2, All City Nature Boy, Retrofitted Surly Pack Rat Cycle Truck

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Zeuloa View Post
Now mine is a very late reply! Thanks for the info! Iíve had the 42 for a few months now and had the chance to exchange for a 49 (this was when they were not available yet and wouldíve had to wait), but kept the 42. Your right about the seat to stem drop, and I have it set up + and still about 7cm drop. They sent it with a 90mm stem which is too short for my size (5í3Ē 29 inseam), even according to a chart they have on their website so Iím looking at getting a 110mm.

I didnít have a chance to try either size as I couldnít find any in South Florida, and although I love the bike, I still wonder if I shouldíve been patient and waited for the 49 as it mightíve been a better fit, plus more selection of tires for 700c wheels! Iíll post some picks as soon as I hit 10 posts!

BTW I upgraded to the delux freewheel and itís great (47/16 set up), but Iím looking at the WI as I think a 17 freewheel might suit me better.

How do you like the Gatorskins btw?
for me, ultimately I decided on the 42cm based on the standover height. 30in unfortunately is just not comfortable and i liked the shorter top tube length better.

I could've sworn the size chart had me with a 90mm stem,, maybe i should go longer . . . Although, with drop bars, I'm pretty happy with my current position.

I'm too cheap to buy a WI Wabi's deluxe freewheel has been working out great so I haven't considered changing as of yet. I did put omnium 165mm cranks but I kept the Andel 47t chainring.

Regarding the Conti Gatorskins: I actually ended up switching to 25mm panaracer Pasela's. I found the 23mm Conti to be very slick and unstable when cornering. And in the rain, forget it. I was hydroplaning and fishtailing all over the place. To bad the 650c don't come in a wider tire otherwise I'd happily use Conti's. Panaracer is much more stable and I haven't had issues with flats.