View Single Post
Old 02-15-06, 12:59 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I am at the stage where I only have 6 years before I retire and the reins are gradually being given over to younger people. I now have people just out of University- no experience, telling me how to do my job. Stopped getting stressed about it, but also stopped getting them out the holes that they have got themselves into - because they know better. I've only done the job for 30 years- and know most of it inside out but these kids know better because they have letters after their name.

I now have no interest in work- except for payday- so put all my frustrations into riding. Thats where I am now- Waiting for my co-rider to turn up for another night ride but not sure I want this ride. Started raining last night and 2" puddles on the road so no idea what the trails and woods are going to be like. With a bit of luck- I'll fall off and sprain my toe and have to have a month off work- which is what the last sickie got noted as by the Graduate supervisor.

Roll on 2012 when I retire- And I'll have time to go to the Olympics without travelling halfway round the world.

Spike Milligan