View Single Post
Old 11-17-20, 04:02 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3459 Post(s)
Liked 1,465 Times in 1,143 Posts
I think a lot of the new bodies were designed specifically so that a giant computer operated machine could put all the tiny little parts into the body with no labor cost and with zero thought to every having to repair one of those little parts. Not like things were built half a century ago when they were designed to be repairable. I have three modern DSLRs, I would NEVER bring one on a bike trip or canoe trip or kayak trip or anything like that. (Oops, have two more that were retired years ago due to small sensor size, have five.)

I have a mirrorless camera, takes DSLR lenses and I would be afraid to take that, I would not want to shake the lenses that much but I am sure the camera body could handle it.

I mentioned above I bring a waterproof point and shoot camera on bike tours, this one:
https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentax-wg3

Later models have the Ricoh name, Ricoh bought Pentax years ago, thus the name change.