Old 11-18-20, 06:14 AM
Cyclist0100
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 72 Posts
Originally Posted by surak
I've had this happen with my Tickr, and resetting it by placing the battery in upside down for a few seconds has always fixed it. I'm surprised Wahoo didn't suggest you do so since the instructions are right there on the troubleshooting page.

Edit: in addition, you may have needed to unpair the sensor after changing the battery. That's also mentioned on the troubleshooting page.
Wahoo did have me do both things you suggested and neither fixed the issue for more than a day before malfunctioning again. So, as originally stated both the heart and cadence sensors did not return to proper funtion after the battery was replaced. Wahoo could never figure out why this same problem happened with both sensors. Tech support thought the most likely explanation was either a "bad batch" or the the sensors had sat in the warehouse for too long prior to sale. I'm not sure I buy either explanation. I can only assume (based on my experience) that quality control is not very good and/or the sensors are just cheaply built.

As for the head unit, it seems to be built like a tank. The other day I made the unfortunate mistake of leaving the Bolt in my shorts pocket when I did laundry. When I heard something rattling around in the dryer and found it was the bike computer my heart sank. I thought "oops, that's gonna be a costly mistake". However, when I pushed the power button it started up just like new. Also, there were no cracks, no scratches, no dents or dings, no exterior damage of any kind. The plastic cover for the charging port was pushed in all the way and it remained sealed throughout the wash cycle. It did its job quite well and I now have one more reason to love the Bolt. The Blot is extremely waterproof as long as the plastic port cover is securely in place.