Moisture
Drip, Drip.

Bikes: Trek Verve E bike, Felt Doctrine 4 XC, Opus Horizon Apex 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
On a road bike, I dont have a default tight grip. Can't imagine why I would want one. Instead, my grip pressure changes as needed. Loose most of the time and tighter when out of the saddle and initially changing hand positions since my whole body shifts at that point.

As for using a rowing motion when climbing...thats a new one. I dont row a bike forward with my arms and shoulders.
I didn't explain it properly.

When you are accelerating hard, or climbing a hill, you will probably find that you subconsciously tug back and forth against the bars to counteract the moving forces of applying power to the cranks. I don't mean physically moving the handlebars back and forth. While you do want to be rigid to an extent and transfer as much efficient power to the ground as possible, obviously minimizing fatigue is equally important. As such, it boils down to finding the right balance, like it would with anything.

By applying these tips, im able to balance myself better around corners and ultimately focus on maintaining a good steady pace.