Old 11-25-20, 11:29 AM
smontanaro 

Bikes: many

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1444 Post(s)
Liked 1,392 Times in 760 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueDevil63
OK I bought a 3Rensho Special Export frame and want to put together an appropriate early 80s group for it. I have Suntour Superbe Pro derailleurs/levers and brakes/levers but the calipers are nutted and I need recessed. I think I could shorten and thread the nutted pivot bolts for recessed nuts but am wondering if anyone has a set with recessed pivot bolts (or just the bolts). They would be this model or something very close in age and similar look.

Just saw this and am surprised nobody has chimed in yet. Any Campy Record, SunTour Superbe/Cyclone or other similar brake should yield suitable center bolts. I've mixed and matched across these brakes any number of times. Will check my stash and see if I have something suitable. My bikes tend to be a bit older and largely take nutted brakes. I'd be happy to swap center bolts if I have something you can use.

Also, FWIW, my impression is that many of the top custom Japanese builders often used Shimano 600 bits. Not sure if that's just a skewed sample or something else.