View Single Post
Old 11-27-20, 03:53 PM
gofastdontcrash
#gofastdontcrash

Bikes: S-Works Tarmac SL7 Sagan, S-Works Venge, Specialized Stumjumper Pro Carbon, Beach Cruiser, NS Zircus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by zatopek
Pretty much spectacular. But, I feel like picking a few nits. I am not a fan of the stem spacers on these newfangled hidden cable setups. If you’re gonna ride one of these things, you gotta slam that stem. It should be noted that I think stems should always be slammed in cases in which only aesthetics are considered. To hell with comfort and ergonomics. On an even less significant note, I need those sweet stars on the bar tape to match that gold paint on the frame. Since you posted in this particular thread, I infer your desire for feedback. That is one sweet ride.
Zatopek, love the feedback!

I'm with you on the stars. When I bought the bike, the paint color on the frame is listed as "Decon Green" so I ordered Supacaz tape with green accents. The paint looks different from different angles, but I think it looks more gold or yellow than it does green. I have some Supacaz tape with gold accents on the way!

As for slamming the stem, I'm not the most flexible, but challenge accepted. I may have to pull the spacers and see how I hold up for a couple rides.