Old 02-16-06, 12:28 AM
mtnroads

Bikes: Spec Roubaix Expert, Cannondale CAAD12, Jamis Quest ELite, Jamis Dragon Pro, Waterford ST-22

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Well, assuming the bike is in good shape, has good tires and a recent service, you seem to have covered the basics pretty well. I think you are heavy on tools, and light on cold weather gear, but you know your bike better than I do. Even taking the southern route and in spite of the unseasonably warm weather, I would probably bring a fleece jacket instead of the sweatshirt, as it will get cold at night, espec at elevation. Ditch one pair of the off-bike pants and bring at least two jerseys to cycle in (long sleeve) and a pair of leg warmers to keep your knees warm. You will undoubtedly make some other adjustments along the way. Oh, and one of those little LED headlamps works great as an all-purpose reading and flashlight.

I would also be concerned about those MF camera bodies and lenses - make sure that you find a way to carry them so that they are protected from road vibration and and moisture. I used to shoot MF and they are very mechanical and delicate, not to mention heavy. Nonetheless I expect you will get some truly outstanding images.

Good luck, enjoy the trip, and keep us posted.