Old 12-04-20, 11:49 AM
Manny66 

Bikes: 1973 Colnago Super, Litespeed Classic , Automoto , Pinarello Gavia TSX,Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra,Eddy Merckx EMX-5 , 1982 Moser SL, Concorde TSX, Vitus 979 KAS. Diamant SLX,60's Meteor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 327 Posts
Originally Posted by Oldairhead
Sadly, I'm not sure that Wes is even involved anymore. Life get's in the way I guess. Next year will be a tough one and will likely not measure up to previous years if it goes at all. At this point, the event even surviving in the US may be a bit of a tall order, and California is the least friendly location ever to try and have an event like this. The state is imposing ever more requirements on organizers to the point where it is not possible to charge enough to even cover actual expenses.

In my area an event called the Dalles Mtn 60 has been held for many years now. It is a half dirt, half paved, free ride type event. No fee, no official organizers and no support. Just a time, a date and a known route. About 200 riders showed up last time I rode it about 5 years ago and it was a blast. It is open to all types of bikes but the ride may be a model for holding an event in these "new normal" times. Lots of fun though!!!

Link to 2015 the ride here.
It looks like a great time, sometimes those "grass roots" events work out better than most.