Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3887 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
I went to that Ebay link and I clicked on completed listings to see what they sold for in the past. I had no idea that my Sigg Tourist was worth that much.

The Primus 71 had a smaller diameter tank, that does not fit well in the Tourist windscreen, the Svea was held in much better with those two riveted clips but they do not grip the 71.

If you are not using the Svea, I think the MSR Alpine 2 pot kit which is stainless steel and lacks the pot supports that the Sigg has might be a better cookset than the Sigg Tourist. At least I have that preference when cooking for two or three people.

The last time I cooked on a Svea, I actually used the MSR Alpine kit even though I still have my Sigg Tourist.
Well, that's probably how much they've always been worth. I don't remember what I paid in Deutchmark, though that was back in the 4 marks/dollar days when everything in Europe was cheap for Amis. I had a look at manufacturing costs, but off the scale for such a limited production item.

Agree about the Primus. Works, but not as good. I don't care for SS cookware because the heat distribution is not as good as with aluminum. Except of course for home cookware where SS has a heavy aluminum bottom. Same issue with Ti, plus Ti stuff is so thin.