View Single Post
Old 12-11-20, 07:41 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,983 Times in 1,775 Posts
Originally Posted by Kekec1965
Very nice bike, congrats. Funny you have mentioned Billato as they seem to like to put on that Columbus Squadra Corse sticker on their bikes. Have Billato and Marin one built by Billato, both sporting that sticker on. I think your frame paint is real deal, so less is more in terms of additional stickers on.

On Marin I have removed everything that is not under a coat of lacquer, including wheels, for the frame to stand out.
Nice Marin,

I wonder if the Columbus Stickers were more a marketing thing by Columbus? I 've seen talk on these stickers from a bunch of different bikes. Maybe it's at least another way to narrow down a date on some bikes if it was a Columbus marketing thing for a certain number or years. Total speculation of course. I'm still just going back and forth on if I like them on there or not. I did put some protective film on the head tube today while I thought of it.

Snowing here now so I don't know if I'm going to get a test ride on this before spring now. Don't like taking the good stuff out if they have started putting salt and chemicals on the winter roads. Started sorting out a new location in the house for the rollers and spare TV today.