Old 12-15-20, 10:38 AM
gauvins

Bikes: Custom built LHT & Troll

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 555 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 28 Posts
Thanks for your input.

Hmmm... Our routine is to fly our bikes in padded travel bags, reassemble handlebars, pedals and whatnot outside of the baggage claim area and roll out of the terminal. The few times we've had to carry our bikes to a train/subway station were comparatively unpleasant, which is why I am asking for advice in this case.

I've attached a picture of the route suggested by bRouter (light green). The red arrow (top center) points to the Ara West Seal Lock (official gate to the 4 Rivers Trail). My understanding is that the ferry would drop us 10kms or so the south. We'd probably ride close to Seoul (ex: Seonyudo) on the first day, stopping at a Montbell on our way. Perhaps back to the trailhead at the start of our ride towards Busan, but most likely not, as we do not care much about passport stamps.

If you are convinced that this is a bad idea (for some reason), please let me know.

Also wondering if Seoul is a bike friendly city -- should we leave our hotel/apartment on foot and take public transit or go ahead and bike around without fear of having our bikes stolen?

Thanks again for your time

Last edited by gauvins; 12-15-20 at 11:03 AM.