Old 12-17-20, 03:47 PM
Ogsarg

Bikes: 2019 Specialized Roubaix Comp Di2, 2009 Roubaix, early 90's Giant Iguana

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked 1,517 Times in 549 Posts
My average for this year should be just over 100 miles per week but it was not consistent throughout the year. Turned 64 in July. Still working full time.

Mileage is up a lot from last year's 3200 thanks to Covid. My riding is in the early morning before work and on Sundays. Before the pandemic, I was getting up about 3:45 AM to get in 15 miles and have time to get ready for the miserable 57 mile (each way) commute. Because it was so early, I did it 2-3 days a week. On Sundays I would get in 50-75 miles usually. I also normally do a few international business trips, which are usually 1-2 weeks so a number of missed riding days.

I've been mostly working from home since early March, which means I can wake up later and ride longer and still start work earlier and I do it 3-4 days a week. And my weekend rides have gotten longer. I did two centuries this year and many 80-90 mile rides. And of course no travel.

I'm as tired of Covid restrictions as anyone but it has allowed me to ride more and saved me from a lot of hours sitting in traffic. Got to look on the bright side.