Old 12-17-20, 09:07 PM
cubewheels

Bikes: A really old BMX bike, Phantom 20 kid's MTB, Jackal Mio Gravel Bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 728 Post(s)
Liked 330 Times in 266 Posts
Originally Posted by Moisture View Post
Further proof of your completely nonsensical fit right here. You should be able to *almost* fully extend your knee at the very bottom of each pedal stroke, but not quite, so that you don't need to roll your hips to compensate for the stroke. You can go slightly lower than this, but once you can start to touch the ground with even just your toes, that will begin to limit your power output and tends to put quite a lot of impingement stress on your knees.
I'm a "heel dropper" so none of the things you said there applies to me.

I understand that you think you have your frame fit setup correctly, but all it takes is one quite glance at the picture of your bike, and scanning over your ideas to easily determine that whatever you're riding is NOT the right size for you, even though you genuinely do think it works well for you. If you dont even have the saddle set to baseline, this is just further proof of that.
This is why you got many replies where they didn't find your guide useful. Not everyone wants endurance-oriented fit (racing fit will often be few sizes smaller). Not everyone has the same pedaling style. Indeed, pedaling style will have a considerable influence in bike fit.