Old 12-21-20, 09:45 PM
uprightbent

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 25 Posts
Wheel is tilting-dishing? bent dropout? I'm confused

Sorry for my mechanical inabilities, looking forward to the great advice always found here.....

So my back wheel on an old Trek sits squarely inside the chainstays. The dropouts are Campy and they have adjuster screws. The problem is viewing from the rear, the rear wheel does not sit at 12 o'clock under the rear brake bridge. It's slightly tilting to the non drive side. Maybe between 11 and 12 o'clock. My first thought was the dishing might be off, but if so, how can it sit so perfectly between the chain stays? Can it be straight on one axis, and tilt on another? I should insert here that while the wheel sits evenly inside the chainstays, the dropout screws are set much differently since the non drive side axle tip is further back into the dropout than the drive side. There is a small amount of vertical play in the drive side dropout, but not enough to tilt the wheel to 12 o'clock under the brake bridge. I hope I've given enough clues. This problem is making fender alignment over this rear wheel nearly impossible.

Many thanks in advance for any tips....