Old 12-22-20, 12:30 AM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2511 Post(s)
Liked 5,421 Times in 2,824 Posts
From the Urban Dictionary, since the more ahem, senior respondents were going to Webster’s:

cager
a popular word among motorcyclists and bicyclists for four wheeled motor vehicle drivers. The term is often used in a derogativesense, because the car body effectively forms a cage, isolating the said driver from having to interact with other road users.

The term was coined by motorcyclists.

Personally don’t have a problem with the word. So many words have morphed over time and made it into “legitimate” dictionaries, it’s probably just a matter of time. Hard to stop progress, even if it appears backwards. I first thought a cager was U.K. slang, maybe like a punter.

I used to commute out of downtown Seattle at rush hour in the thick of busses, taxis, motorcycles and countless cars cutting back and forth around stopped busses, avoiding idiots not paying attention and first responders on a tear. It was exciting with all senses at the max. Was it like any drugs I took? Nope, more like having 3 big cups of coffee.

I ride a two lane highway with a 55 limit with lots of semis and dump trucks. I can’t avoid it if I want to get home. It definitely motivates me to get off it as quickly as possible. The unfortunate thing is that it’s uphill. The only drug there is called fear.