Old 12-23-20, 02:08 PM
HPL
Barred @ Velocipedesalon

Bikes: Why list them on a non-cycling website!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 55 Posts
Originally Posted by repechage
don't necessarily go by the graphics, the bike no doubt has been repainted, Colnago forks of this style were chrome.
Frame is of the "chain rest" period.
Reads like a good purchase.
I agree on the chrome forks, except I have seen factory painted forks and crowns (do not know if chromed underneath); back in early '80s in Italy and France. My circa '76 Super was originally owned by my friend who bought a new frameset at the Colnago factory when we were in Italy and ordered no chrome or braze-ons for cost savings. The owner of the green Super was from Europe, I did not ask where, or whether she was the original purchaser; I know she lived in the Caribbean Islands for many years thus the corrosion. I might try to get in touch with her, she was not available when I picked up the bike. When I pull off the fork during rebuilding I should see chrome on the lower part of the steerer if the crown is chromed; still may have been a factory paint over. Maybe the previous owner can shed some light on that front.

Originally Posted by Spaghetti Legs
Beautiful bike and great find! I’m a sucker for a green bike. I couldn’t tell for sure but it looks like recessed brake bolts. I’m going to guess ‘79 or ‘80. The rear derailleur is Athena 7 speed btw.
Yes, the bolts are recessed, my circa '76 has nutted mounting. Thanks for the "Athena" help, I was not sure since I have never used or worked on that model before.

Originally Posted by OldsCOOL
My ‘77 Super was obtained from the original owner/builder that was from a bare frame order. He put Campy NR, Cinelli parts on it. He raced with Greg LeMond back in the day and set state records in the Jr class. Quite a history. I found it untouched in his barn in a sad need of a restoration.

I say hang era italian parts on it and ride with pride.
Cool story. I will put all Italian parts on it except the freewheel. A Sun Tour FW makes a vintage inline Campy derailleur work much better than a Regina or Everest of the same period.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20201223_125730.jpg (1.29 MB, 358 views)
20201223_125759.jpg (1.86 MB, 364 views)
20201223_125314.jpg (1.11 MB, 348 views)
20201223_125704.jpg (1.21 MB, 352 views)

Last edited by HPL; 12-27-20 at 12:45 PM.