Old 12-26-20, 03:15 PM
tNuvolari

Bikes: 1986 Torpado Beta, 2006 Wilier Triestina Izoard

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Italian City MTB Build - Which bars?

So I'm building a city/urban/MTB bike out of my Torpado frame since I've now got the Wilier but I'm not sure which handlebars to go with. I'd like something a bit more comfortable but also something I can still ride 20-30 miles if I want to. I was going to just go with standard flat bars but now I'm thinking bullhorn. Any thoughts or info on these bars? I haven't really ridden them much, of course flat bars now and then in the past but never bullhorns.

What do you guys like for comfort and versatility? I've read a bunch about all kinds of bars but still unsure which way to go.

Many thanks for opinions, info, rants, hatred and love for any bars or even another bar type I haven't mentioned.

The frame is a road bike frame in the perfect road bike size for me so not sure if that matters. And I don't mind modern components as I'm not period correct when it comes to bikes; I prefer lighter parts that work.

The bike in question, early in the build. Probably will go Campy 10 speed but not sure on the shifters yet; either Campy flat bar shifters, Campy standard 10 speed shifters, or third party flat bar shifters that are compatible with Campy 10 speed derailleurs if there is such a thing?