Old 01-02-21, 12:53 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3960 Post(s)
Liked 1,722 Times in 1,107 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I got a little JVC Bluetooth speaker (SP-SA1BT-B) and have tried it on a few bike rides, walks and jogs, with the speaker in a pocket. Works fine. But it's not considered weather-resistant. But good enough to tempt me to get a better speaker.

I might try a weather-resistant JBL speaker next. Several friends have a couple of the popular JBL speakers, for the bottle cage or strapped to the stem or handlebar. I've noticed over the past few years that in casual group rides those speakers can be fairly loud (enough for nearby cyclists without annoying the entire neighborhood) without blocking ambient sounds and traffic.

I have some Bluetooth ear buds for walks/jogs, but I wouldn't wear them for bike rides. These have the flexible hooks around the ears and interfere with my helmets. I wouldn't be comfortable with ear buds that blocked ambient sounds for bike rides. There are some that claim to both reduce wind noise and enhance ambient sounds but those are pricey. A bottle cage speaker has the same benefit at a much lower price.

I just use my phone apps -- Amazon Music or Spotify. I could also use VLC player with my collection of music apart from streaming services. My phone always sits in my pocket. I wouldn't need access to a music player during a ride, walk or jog. I just set up a playlist ahead of time and let it run. And I have a Moto G Power with 3-day battery, so it'll easily run all day even with music, activity and navigation apps, etc., running simultaneously.