Old 01-04-21, 07:49 AM
bruce19

Bikes: CAAD 12, MASI Gran Criterium S, Colnago World Cup CX & Guru steel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1371 Post(s)
Liked 744 Times in 447 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
We got too many complaints of that sub forum being filled with nothing but aches and pains. People who come for cycling content could not find any. We were left with the choice of either deleting them all , or making a separate sub forum. But perhaps you're right. I will discuss with the moderation team the possibility of getting rid of "Pills and Ills" and not allowing any medical issues in 50+ at all. This is, after all, a cycling site. There are medical forums that im sure are lively.Thank you for the enlightenment.
Thank you for elaborating. I think the idea that people who went to that forum for cycling content couldn't find any is not accurate. If they can't find cycling content how will eliminating the health posts add to the cycling related content. According to that theory, eliminating those posts will leave nothing since there's nothing but non-cycling posts there. And, why wouldn't health/medical issues that cyclist face not be cycling related? How many times have we all extolled the virtues of cycling for health? And, since no one I know on BF is a pro cyclist, aren't we all cycling for pleasure and health benefits? On the theory that health issues are not cycling related, why have a forum at all? This is a cycling site after all, no? My position is that there is plenty of cycling in that sub-forum. If there wasn't I wouldn't go there. I also think health is cycling related as I have said. If someone has no interest in a health related topic is it so hard to ignore it rather than deny the rest of us? With respect to that particular thread...I have plenty to add to the discussion but I would not go trolling in a health sub-forum to see if there was something I could add. How does that help the OP? In any event, thank you for responding and your willingness to consider the points I am trying to make.

Perhaps a way to resolve this is to have a discussion with the over 50 crowd. Have a one-time posting for people to discuss whether health issues belong in the forum. I'd be interested in the responses.

Last edited by bruce19; 01-04-21 at 08:12 AM.
Likes For bruce19: