Old 01-04-21, 12:32 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1919 Post(s)
Liked 468 Times in 302 Posts
Originally Posted by bruce19 View Post
Thank you for elaborating. I think the idea that people who went to that forum for cycling content couldn't find any is not accurate. If they can't find cycling content how will eliminating the health posts add to the cycling related content. According to that theory, eliminating those posts will leave nothing since there's nothing but non-cycling posts there. And, why wouldn't health/medical issues that cyclist face not be cycling related? How many times have we all extolled the virtues of cycling for health? And, since no one I know on BF is a pro cyclist, aren't we all cycling for pleasure and health benefits? On the theory that health issues are not cycling related, why have a forum at all? This is a cycling site after all, no? My position is that there is plenty of cycling in that sub-forum. If there wasn't I wouldn't go there. I also think health is cycling related as I have said. If someone has no interest in a health related topic is it so hard to ignore it rather than deny the rest of us? With respect to that particular thread...I have plenty to add to the discussion but I would not go trolling in a health sub-forum to see if there was something I could add. How does that help the OP? In any event, thank you for responding and your willingness to consider the points I am trying to make.

Perhaps a way to resolve this is to have a discussion with the over 50 crowd. Have a one-time posting for people to discuss whether health issues belong in the forum. I'd be interested in the responses.
Since you are not a moderator, you did not see the complaints. I wish I could have screen shot how many cycling threads there were to medical threads. Frankly, I don't think its fair that people who want to know about 50+ cycling content should have to fish through the medical threads. It's not much to do one more click and have all the medical threads in one place. But again, if you honestly think that there is no cycling content, maybe 50+ should be eliminated as well?

Or maybe this place just doesnt satisfy your needs any more.

Again, there are plenty of medical forums out there....
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.