Old 01-06-21, 10:18 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10898 Post(s)
Liked 7,386 Times in 4,145 Posts
Huh, havent heard 'blotto' before. Interesting.

One of my coed sand volleyball teams played for years in a league that was more social than competitive, which we liked since another night was reserved for a competitive league. Social meant arriving 30-45min early and drinking, drinking between games, and hanging out after the game for 1-3 hours to drink. The courts were just 2mi away so I always rode to games. There were for sure many nights where I rode home far from sober, but there was never an issue. At that time of night it was a quiet 4 lane road for almost the entire ride, so it was easy to just ride along and get home. I did take a MUP to side streets once to try out a different route in case it was safer...it was just as quiet and longer so I didnt do that again.

Dont drink anymore by choice, so my blotto days are now in the past.

My metro is filled with a very well supported paved trail network and a huge draw is group rides to trailside bars. The trailside bars are on all the major trails and do a ton of business. The rare times I use the paved trails, I see some really hammered, sorry- blottoed, cyclists in the evenings and weekends. Cycling as a social activity between bars is a huge draw here.

Last edited by mstateglfr; 01-06-21 at 10:22 AM.