Old 01-06-21, 11:01 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7, Trek ALR 6, Trek CrossRip, Trek X-Caliber 8

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 184 Times in 111 Posts
I will say this.....while I was in better overall shape when I was younger, the military will help with that, but when I see people my age that can barely walk or even walk a flight of stairs, I do think that the biking has allowed me to keep my parts moving and loose. While other people struggle doing the little things in life just do to inactivity, I have no issue riding a bike for 60 miles, coming home and mowing 1/3rd acre yard with a push mower without using the propelled wheels, then taking the dog for a 3 mile walk in the same day. I did that last Saturday.

I was waiting to get my hair cut last week, and there is a gamer shop next door, of the 25 people that walked into that store, at least 90% of them were massively overweight, and while I am not superfit 6 pack man, I still do my best to have some physical activity everyday, even if it is no more than doing a 5k dog walk. That is still keeping the legs moving, getting my heart rate up and getting away from the electronics. My wife and I have started doing some yoga to help with stretching which we both hate, but it will help us down the road.

Likes For jaxgtr: