View Single Post
Old 01-07-21, 05:47 PM
thedriveside

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Kilroy1988
Looks like great fun to me and a good way to revitalize a classic frame... I particularly like the bold but totally fluid statement made by the straight fork. Thanks for sharing, and keep enjoying it!

-Gregory
Thank you kindly!

Originally Posted by rjhammett
Nice looking bike. I own a Holdsworth Professional 'creamsicle'.
Ohhh, would love to see a picture!

Originally Posted by juvela
-----

thanks very much for sharing this project

find it absolutely fascinating that the tree branch was able to grow up through and between the boards forming the walkway to provide a convenient propstand for the photo

normally one would expect some eager gardener to have lopped it off long before it was permitted to reach this stature

-----
haha, thank you! It was actually a stick that we found in a forest that you don't see on the right. We put it back in it's natural home after

Originally Posted by 3speedslow
A Suntour shifter called climber? Tell me more!...

Love the orange and build. I did appreciate the hold stick first though! Needs to be your trademark.
Of course! My favourite part of the build actually - it's a Suntour MTB thumb shifter that I took apart and mounted to a down-tube adapter. Gotta love that ratchet-action.

Originally Posted by sced
Needs new decals. I had a Holdsworth custom made for me in 1973 and while it was a very nice bike, which I still have, the water slide decals were not clear coated and didn't look good for long.
Meh. Personally, I like the patina, tells a story about the history of this bike Cool to know that the decals of this era weren't the best though!