Old 01-08-21, 02:47 AM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked 2,024 Times in 989 Posts
The feather in the proverbial build cap, for me, was the water bottle cages. I couldn't find a trio of polished silver cages that all matched (locally), and since I'm not a super fancy guy when it comes to water bottle cages (just give me something that has classic good looks), it means I didn't feel compelled to spend $30 a cage. So I got some Sunlite cages, which look exactly like Specialized E Cage 6.0's but without the cut-out "S" on the mount plate...and raised "SPECIALIZED" lettering on the top/retaining 'strap' of the cage. I'm not a fan of raised text on things--recessed/engraved is always more attractive to me. Anyway, they got here a little early!

Hardware included??? Why thank you!

Matching bottle cages and hardware, fantastic. Time for a quick ride!

For the second day in a row, the rain took a breather from dumping an ocean on all of Seattle, wind included. This is a bit of a panoramic shot so as to include the Olympic Mountains (which looked way better in real life) as they are essential to the sunset experience--first thing to do on a ride as the sun goes down.

Back to the new-ish photograph "studio" after completing a 3 mile loop. The light was dimmer than it appears in the photo, hence the graininess in the next two photos. The 620 with its new rear spokes rides just as well as before. It felt great to get out of the saddle on slow climbs and feel the springiness of the frame. It also felt great just to ride a darn bike after all this rain! The new spokes didn't make any settling in noises that I could hear, but they did settle, and thus I need to do some touch-up truing.

Aaaalllll the silver accents.

Last edited by RiddleOfSteel; 01-08-21 at 02:51 AM.
Likes For RiddleOfSteel: