Old 01-12-21, 07:37 AM
djb

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1969 Post(s)
Liked 440 Times in 375 Posts
Originally Posted by fishboat View Post
Thanks for posting (continuing to) the followups. They definitely look broken in, but not bad really, given the miles. I just ordered a pair of these yesterday...I'm stocking up on a couple-few sets of 26 inchers in case we continue to lose more models. I rode about 600 miles of 26x2 tires touring this last year..first time on this type/size of tire(Big Bens). I gotta say..I liked them & will continue to do so. Not a single complaint. Very comfortable, cushy ride and not at all slow. Also ordered some Continental Contact Speed in 26x2 as they were very inexpensive..thought I'd give them a spin..
as you say, the 26" market does seem to be reducing, and stashing a few tires that one likes is probably a good idea. A drag, but a good idea.

I'm still amazed by how competently these 2" slicks work well enough over loose stuff, within reason, but with the awareness that they spend most of their life on pavement or reasonable dirt, and the ride really does make the bike faster due to the characteristics of the tires, not to mention more comfortable for the old fart above said tires.