Old 01-12-21, 05:05 PM
IPassGas

Bikes: Schwinn, Nishiki, Santana, Trek, Rodriguez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by djb View Post
ya, I should have gooten some of those Almotions, they seem to be gone now on their site. I still may try to find some on some German websites.

re the Supreme durability---I can see a bit of concern if riding over really rocky roads, with big sharp stones/rocks, as the sidewall would be open to cuts more than a tough tire---BUT dont forget, I rode my set through half of Mexico and through Central America on two seperate trips, and ran over a crapload of glass and crap in places like Guatemala and Honduras (but was very good at stopping to brush out embedded stuff when I knew I had really ridden through bad looking stuff), so for me, they were really damn impressive.
Not getting a flat in 4500kms of Latin American roads was a big surprise to me, but I do acknowledge that all my riding life, I tend not to get flats, so rider behaviour plays a big part. Still the main body of the tread was really good with glass and stuff.
I'm a big fan, but just very aware of their weaknesses or what you shouldnt ride through, and or where you should be careful.

so it really depends on what you ride. I took a chance knowing that I'd be predominantly on paved and kinda "normal" reasonable dirt and gravel.
Thanks very much, so we will try the supremes on extended road tour this summer.