Old 01-13-21, 10:45 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, Perfekt 3 Speed -age unknown, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2087 Post(s)
Liked 395 Times in 333 Posts
Originally Posted by fishboat View Post
FWIW for anyone looking for tires..Bike24 shipping for one tire or 9 tires(as I recently picked up) is 19.99 Euro. .....
Never bought any tires from them, but I have bought a few things in the past, including my Rohloff hub eight years ago. I think I saved about $500 USD by buying that hub from Germany instead of within USA. A bike parts seller in USA would have to pay customs fees to import that but that is about 4 percent, does not justify how big their markup is.

Right now I am waiting for a order from Bike24 to be filled, a couple things in my basket were out of stock with weeks long lead time. But I can wait a few months, do not need the parts right away.

Originally Posted by fishboat View Post
...The vendor BikeInn (never ordered from them) had some decent prices, but their shipping was cumulative with each cart-add. I tried to order 3 sets of different tires a few months back and they wanted something like $64 for shipping..domestic..nuts.. I went to Germany..
I did buy a few things from Bike Inn, one order took forever to arrive but the other was very fast. I would buy from them again if they had something I wanted.