Old 01-13-21, 02:36 PM
Milton Keynes

Bikes: Trek 1100 road bike, Roadmaster gravel/commuter/beater mountain bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1837 Post(s)
Liked 858 Times in 487 Posts
Originally Posted by Milton Keynes View Post
I got a set of bluetooth earbuds for Christmas, and while I don't usually listen to music while riding I thought maybe wearing one of the earbuds (likely the right one, away from the traffic side) might work well for whenever I get a phone call while riding. It's really a pain to stop, dig my phone out, and try to answer it before it goes to voicemail. Just pushing a button on the earbud will answer, so that will be a lot easier. However, my fear is the earbud falling out and getting lost while riding. It does stay in my ear OK, and I've used it while driving, but I suspect my ear will get sweaty while riding during warm weather and it might slip out. I just can't wait for warmer weather to get back outside on my bike and try it out.
After using my earbuds while spinning on my trainer and having one of them fall out, and while doing chores around the house while listening to music with my earbuds and one of them falling out again, I've determined that they are definitely not suitable for use while actually riding. I'm sure I'd lose one easily. I'd rather find one which attaches to my ear.