View Single Post
Old 01-13-21, 09:33 PM
DarKris

Bikes: Kona Kahuna DL Drop Bar - Sensah SRX Pro 1x11 (2012 Frame), Giant Toughroad GX 1 - Shimano Road Hydro + SLX 1x10 (2018), Diamondback Sync'r - SRAM NX 1x12 (2020)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 54 Posts
So my frame and fork came in the other day and the first thing that I did was test the chain ring clearance and to my delight my 36 tooth oval chain ring cleared perfectly. I am still waiting on the actual headset bearings, so I shoved some shop towels in the head tube so it wouldn’t scratch the fork. I did this to get an idea of what it will look like when fully assembled:

I did buy additional parts for this build such as a 60mm stem, Wolftooth red headset spacers and seatpost collar (I got the seatpost collar a month ago but I took it off my Sync’r and put it on this build),and new compressionless Jagwire cables in red. For drivetrain I bought the Sensah SRX 1x11 groupset for cost reasons and I guess it’ll be nice to see how it compares to the Shimano/SRAM shifters I’ve used in the past/present. I’m also going to run a PNW Coast suspension dropper post because, well that’s half the reason why I’m doing this build 😬.

I also wanted to Re-use as many parts as I could since I originally wanted this to replace my Toughroad GX frame. I took the 52cm PNW Coast bars off my Toughroad for this build, as well as the 700c wheels, relegating my Toughroad to 650b now. I’m also using TRP Spyre mech brakes that I used on a previous build so no hydraulic but I don’t think that’ll be too much of a problem. I think this will pretty much turn into a utilitarian/drop bar 29er at this rate... until I could afford SRAM AXS lol.
Likes For DarKris: