Old 01-14-21, 03:05 AM
dirtman

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by thumpism

from FB ad

Can't give a ladies model away around here, we call them donor bikes.
The problem at $180 there's no money left for a flipper either, the saddle and wheels are the main value but only if they're perfect.

Also, why on earth do so many people list a bike like that and not bother to at least pump up the tires and wipe down the chrome?
The paint looks like someone just waxed it, scratches and all, but the handle bars and rims are dingy looking and the tires look like they're flat. If your going to ask $180 for a ladies bike, at least make it rideable when someone looks at it.

Regardless of the shiny paint and the flat tires, the bike has a 'well used' look about it for some reason. The saddle don't look right, I don't think I've ever run across an early 70's ladies sports with a Brooks leather saddle on it, the paint is scraped up pretty good all over, and the rear rim has some funny spots that show up in the front angle pic in the ad. It makes me think they positioned the rusty spots on the rim up high where they won't show in the pic. It could just be a reflection though but after looking at a bunch of bikes recently I've seen all sorts of tricks to hide defects in the ad pics. Its in better shape than most but I don't see $180 there.
Its too bad they want to much for it because I know where there's a minty clean brown men's frame that would convert that to a nice bike if the wheels are good.