View Single Post
Old 01-14-21, 07:57 AM
Paul J 

Bikes: 1980's Spectrum (Currently in a box awaiting a modern build), 1995 Eddy Merckx 10 sp Campy Centaur, Bushnell Tandem, Co-Motion Speedster

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 46 Posts
[QUOTE=LV2TNDM;21876770]I penned this after making an offer on a 10 year old Co-Motion. The seller's price was WAY too high. They basically admitted selling it for their original closeout purchase price. It was laughable how resistant they were to reasonable negotiation. I told them as much, but they still didn't budge. No money from me!

And since that posting, I just found the used Co-Motion of my dreams! Found locally on Craigslist and it's perfect! It retailed for $8,200 13 years ago and I bought it for $2,500. S&S couplers, travel bags, and ALL original receipts. Single California owner that kept it in a garage. Uncut steerer tube to boot! Beautiful fade paint job that's still almost pristine. I absolutely LOVE it! It's just about to get a complete tear-down, overhaul, internal frame tube coating, paint wax and rebuild. It's the PERFECT travel tandem. Danube River bike path here I come! QUOTE)

Without pictures it never happened. :-) I'd love to see your new bike in a separate post. Good advise by the way.

Likes For Paul J: