martl
Strong Walker

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked 482 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
Okay, cool, but that's not the point I was making. Yes, there are a ton of modest-budget vintage bikes that can adequately get the job done. No doubt about it. I recently rehabbed my own vintage frame, and built it into a very capable retro race machine that I'm hoping to have my own Eroica experience with. My build cost me north of $1k, did not include new paint, and was mostly used parts.

If you start with a vintage frame, and refresh it to showroom-new condition, including never-been-used/NOS parts and new paint, you're going to get into the same realm as the Bianchi pretty quickly. Not all people are motivated to go through the process of building/resurrecting a vintage machine. The cache of the Bianchi name certainly has a factor in the equation. If it's not for you, don't buy one.
The Eroica, in my perception, is about experiencing how it was back in the days, not, how it would have been if modern tech like 20spd drive trains would have been available. But that's just me, ignore me pushing my bike up. That 14% by will
Likes For martl: