Old 01-19-21, 11:55 AM
'02 nrs

Bikes: 1938 claud butler,1983 Basso,teledyne titan,teocali super,nrs,1993 stumpjumper fsr,Paramountain,Paramount Buell(sold),4 banger,Zaskar LE,Colnago Master Ibex MTB,1987ish,.etc....

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 799 Post(s)
Liked 2,958 Times in 1,491 Posts
Originally Posted by fishboat
Nice bike. The owner is pretty proud of it at that price..that said..

Having spent way too much time on CL over the years, looking at bikes regionally, folks that "watch CL" for a specific bike to drop in price, generally, in the end, only get to watch it disappear. It's rare to pretty much unheard of (in my experience..I've monitored CL daily for various bike for years) that anyone drops an asking by $200 or more.

About all you can do is contact the guy and make a reasonable offer..one that is probably a bit uncomfortable for you($500?), but that's the premium you pay for a rare bike, in good shape, in your size, that's local. At that point, if the guy is going to drop the price at some point, he'll accept your offer before he relists it at the lower price on CL...and the ad will disappear, but disappear to you.

When you write a response and make an offer, make it a well written, polite note with contact info so he knows your real & serious. I've sold enough things on CL to realize 99% of the responses aren't worth reading...they get dismissed and deleted quickly. Even if I get a good offer on something, if the response is poorly written..delete..
or visit the seller if a reasonable distance & show them $450. cash.