Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,808 Times in 3,316 Posts
Originally Posted by redcon1
A word of caution -- I have found my Edge Explore is useless for hiking and most of my kayaking.. It stays in pause mode until you reach 6mph, when the navigation starts. Maybe this is a setting you can change, but I haven't found it.
I don't know for the Edge Explore, but all the other Edges I know of have several settings you can pick for auto-pause. On mine I can enable or disable auto pause. For hiking I'd think you'd want it disabled. The times I did take my Edge 500 with me on walks I disabled it.

When enabled, you have several option, pause when speed is 0 mph. or custom speed where it can be set to pause when your speed is less than a certain speed. I use when <3 mph when cycling.

So if you are wanting to use your Explore to hike or walk, then check if it has that setting. If the Explore uses profiles, you can possibly set up a profile for walking where the auto-pause isn't enabled.

Although I used to use my Edge 500 quite a bit for walking, I have found that phone apps work just as well for the little bit of info I care to see about my walk. And actually I currently use Specialized's Ride App when I walk, though it is tailored around their Angi crash alert system. It is simple to use and gives me speed and distance with recording of my track which is all I care about for walks.

Last edited by Iride01; 01-20-21 at 10:24 AM.