View Single Post
Old 01-20-21, 11:22 AM
thook
(rhymes with spook)

Bikes: '83 univega gran turismo x2, '85 schwinn super le tour,'89 miyata triple cross, '91 GT tequesta, '90 yokota grizzly peak, '94 GT backwoods, '95'ish scott tampico, '98 bonty privateer, '93 mongoose crossway 625, '98 parkpre ariel, 2k'ish giant fcr3

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Liked 745 Times in 546 Posts
Originally Posted by Stormy85
Spoiler

thanks for all your replies.

A bit embarrassing but I was actually looking at RJ's channel to find a solution as I also find him very informative. I tried his method of creating some Z-Bend spokes and lacing the NDS. Worked really good but the damn thing is ridiculously tight. Will have to try with some leverage later on.

I would like to save both but have a slight feeling that the freewheel will be toast as I cant remove the lockring. And yes, loosened it by going clockwise.
pretty darn sure with the idea of pinned spanner tiger and i posted about you can save both the hub and freewheel. i've worked on a lot of cars, dude, and the application here is not much different. i think it'd be easier than using a temp lacing of a wheel. it's up to you, though

oh, and the freezer suggestion by old's'cool....it's also a good idea. leave it in several hours/overnight. you need the expansion and contraction to relieve the surface tension on the threading. a torch, while it will very likely work, will destroy the freewheel. a freezer is also more readily available...hopefully

Last edited by thook; 01-20-21 at 11:26 AM.