View Single Post
Old 01-22-21, 09:52 AM
skidder
Bipsycorider

Bikes: Why yes, I do have a few! Thank you for asking!

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 740 Post(s)
Liked 554 Times in 384 Posts
"Lovely" area in the LA/LB harbor, isn't it? I've gone there a few times doing coastal tours and I just try to hammer through the 4 miles along Anaheim St. between PV and the L.A. River bike path (the only place I've consistently run stop signs and traffic lights). I try to come through there on weekends as the traffic is a lot lighter. As ooga-booga mentions, just drive over there and park somewhere, then go riding around PV. Another parking option to Angel's Gate/Korean Bell park at Ft Macarthur is to park at the high school along PV North drive (Torrance high school?), then ride towards the coast, then turn south and ride the peninsula road to the Angel's Gate Park/Ft Macarthur area. I would not recommend making a loop of it by going up Gaffney - its got no real curb lane so you're only slightly better off than riding Anaheim through the Harbor area. Better is to just backtrack along the peninsula road, to the high school, maybe divert onto the beach bikeway in Torrance for some extra (and slow-rolling) miles if you desire.
Likes For skidder: