View Single Post
Old 01-26-21, 04:44 PM
blt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
In December 2015, I rode from Costa Mesa down the SART, along the coast to the LA River, up the river to Anaheim, over to PV and a counterclockwise loop around PV. I wanted to go to the Korean Bell, from there I ended up going back up Pacific, to John S. Gibson/Harry Bridges/Alameda before hitting Anaheim to go back to LB and back track my route to my starting point. Don't know if that was the best way from the Korean Bell to get back, but it seemed the quickest.

My summary afterwards remains my summary today. It was both the most beautiful and the ugliest bike ride I've even been on. I didn't have the problems the OP seemed to have with road construction on Anaheim back then, there was debris and certainly some truck traffic, although it could have been worse. And it was really, really ugly, the ugliest place I've ever ridden a bike. I've talked to a few other people about it and looked at maps, I haven't figured out a better way than Anaheim. I haven't tried riding between PV and LB since, but I don't know that I'd do anything different, Anaheim sucked but at least it was a pretty small portion of the ride.
Likes For blt: