Old 01-27-21, 09:58 AM
mack_turtle
n00b

Bikes: Surly Karate Monkey, Twin Six Standard Rando

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked 455 Times in 271 Posts
you're welcome. I am just perplexed by your intensions here. clearly, the way your bike fits is unique to you. it's quirky and I contend that it's not really ideal. If I were nearby, I'd ride with you and I'd be ASTONISHED if you could ride that bike with any sort of speed and grace over a distance. if you can, that means you have tremendous athletic ability that is a credit to you, but a bike that fits you better will handle MUCH better. it's something you have to experience to believe. it would like trying to write with your right hand all your life and suddenly realizing that you're naturally left-handed. a revelation! I think you would benefit from a bike that truly fits better, and any number of experienced bike fitters who have decades of experience would agree. if you don't want to hear that, continue to do whatever works for you.

however, what do you plan to accomplish by posting "advice" about bike fitting here, considering your experience it limited and does not make any sense in the context of over a century of development among generations of the global cycling community? I just don't get why you're so hellbent on sharing your whacky bikes that make everyone cringe/ laugh when no one is going to validate your half-baked ideas. please leave the advice to people who have the knowledge and experience and quietly listen rather than pontificating your weirdo circus bikes. you could do harm to someone who does not know better and could buy a bike that does not fit a normal person or suit their riding style.

Last edited by mack_turtle; 01-27-21 at 10:03 AM.
Likes For mack_turtle: