View Single Post
Old 01-28-21, 06:20 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Liked 780 Times in 502 Posts
Originally Posted by _ForceD_
Give it a rest. What’s the harm in saying you have feelings of elation when you’re on a traditional road bike and pass someone on a tri-specific bike? I’ve had those same feelings myself using a standard road bike with clip-on bars. And it doesn’t mean anything about being a good or bad swimmer. Just about all the triathlons I’ve ever been in have required age-group markings on your calf. When I’m well into the bike portion of the race and I pass someone with a marking from a younger age-group, on a more tri-specific bike than mine, who started the race in a wave minutes ahead of my age-group’s wave. Yeah...that’s a good feeling.

Dan
I believe you understood my reply as simply showing that even a regular bike with aero bars clamped on can be used in an IRONMAN event AND NOT DIE IN THE PROCESS.

r.e. bold -- I ALWAYS enter the water as late as possible due to being a VERY POOR SWIMMER and not wanting those better having to climb over me. Exiting the water 5 minutes, 10 minutes and even more behind others and then catching/passing those better swimmers does help to boost one's ego AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with that feeling.