Old 01-28-21, 08:57 AM
Andy Somnifac 

Bikes: Too many.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 174 Times in 86 Posts
There was a Lynskey R210 Custom built up with Ultegra 6600 in a local shop many years (2010? 2011? something like that) ago. I have no idea who'd ordered it and why a custom-ordered frame was on the rack @ a shop that didn't typically deal with used bikes. Apart from a scratch in the paint, it appeared completely unridden. The frame fit me pretty well.

I was a regular @ the shop and helped out from time to time and managed to work a deal where I'd work at the shop evenings and weekends and my "pay" would be subtracted from the balance of the bike. I never even asked what my "rate" was, I just knew it was working in my favor because the balance was plummeting faster than I ever expected it should have. I didn't question it.

I still have the frame, though I've upgraded the components. The scratch in the paint is a distant memory since I've stripped the paint off of it in the intervening years. Who paints a Ti frame anyway?

And that's how I got my Ti bike. And I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been eyeing a new R300 from Lynskey for a more modern geometry and components.

Likes For Andy Somnifac: