Old 01-29-21, 01:58 PM
acideraser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Another annoying crankset question, sorry

Hi All,
Apologies for asking this question but don't seem to find an answer using search.

I've been riding Vigorelli frame for years, mainly commuting in London, but this summer started going out to Kent and climb some not too steep hills.
Sugino rd2 / messenger cranks, from another cheaper frame. Wasn't happy with the chain line and with the quality but they worked so was ok.
Yesterday right crank broke, I suspect there may have been a microcrack and climbing hills probably added to the issue and here we go.

I love stiffness of Vigorelli frame and looking to replace the crank with something better and stiffer than messenger.
and I understand hollow bb such as GPX or Hollowtech II will add in stiffness - please correct me if I am wrong here.
I was thinking of getting SRAM Omnium but they are now discontinued and whatever is available is 200 or more.

Assuming Omniums are out of reach, what would be next good option - Miche Pistard 2.0 or Sram S300 or should I get Miche Primato Advance and stay with square taper bb?
Is Miche pistard 2 as stiff as Omniums or at least stiffer than messenger and better quality ?

Appreciate the comments