Old 01-29-21, 11:26 PM
Toespeas

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 41 Posts
it depends on your over all weight , id love to run 23 psi on my cross wheel but im too heavy , trying to determine what low pressure is , is impossible , the lab can only give you a base line , and then there is the actual tire material , tire width vs rim with differences will effect the performance , and just running lager tires will make it seem like 80 psi is low on 23s its still pretty firm , i run 110 and it usually airs out to 90 psi , never had an issue

its not really a trend BTW road bikes have been expanding over the years so you can fit 28s on your pure road racing machine compared to 8 or so years ago you could barely get 25mm , and with disc brakes you get even more options on the road and commute bikes that used to be limited , so now people think 28s faster , but its really more like the over technology got better , try to run 28s on an old mushy set up and it will suck and feel sluggish , but i run 38s tubeless cx wheels set , and its lighter than my old 23 road wheels !!!

Last edited by Toespeas; 01-29-21 at 11:29 PM.