Old 01-30-21, 11:30 AM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3885 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Moisture, as mentioned above, you obviously did not take your measurements correctly and got a screwy result. One can't do that alone, one needs a helper to measure and one muse follow the directions precisely to get a correct result.

Be that as it may, there's a much more direct route to look at correct bike sizing and that's to measure with your body. I set saddle height by measuring with my leg, the "heel on pedal" method. I determine correct reach by measuring with my torso and arms. I was talking about your top tube seeming much too short just eyeballing it. We could take another look at that fairly simply:

1) Take a photo of yourself leaning forward with your elbows on your handlebars.
2) See if you can lean forward far enough that your back is almost level. You'll probably wind up resting your chest on your bars. Hang your upper arms so that those upper arms are at about a 90° angle to your torso. Then bend your elbows so that your forearms are horizontal. Take a photo of that position. It may take a few tries to get that position just so.
3) Post the photos.

Thanks.