Old 02-02-21, 09:10 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1125:

20°F this morning, with a 11 mph cross/head wind. There was some frost on the pavement, but overall most of the ice and packed snow has cleared off so I took the hybrid. I had to ride around a few ice patches, but I made it with no problem. The hybrid is a lot faster than my fat bike, which is funny because in the summer I complain about how slow my hybrid is. It only took me 45 minutes to ride the 8 miles to the office, which considering the 20°F temp and the wind is pretty darn fast for me in the winter.

BTW for those following the saga, last night I finally got around to replacing the tube with the broken presta valve on this bike. I pulled an awl out of my tool box and stuck it in the end of the valve, which released the air in about 5 seconds. It was a piece of cake, and I didn't have to resort to any unusual methods.

Next week the temps are projected to drop below zero. I can't complain, as the first five weeks of January have been unseasonably warm. It would have been unrealistic to expect it to last all winter.

Posted my latest bicycle commuting video: