Old 02-07-21, 02:54 AM
Firedog91902

Bikes: Univega Superstrada, Serrota, Santana tandem, E plus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
You obviously forgot about electronics BMS inside power tool packs,
no wonder your Eplus acted like you described.
and to blame EPLUS???
Powell,
You obviously don't understand power tool packs. The BMS inside Makita's only communicates, via the 7 pin yellow connector, with the charger. During discharge, on all the tools I know about and certainly my ebikes the only connection is directly to the 5s3p cell stack in the battery via the larger outside slots. It's absolutely no difference than your method of charging your 10 or 11s cells with an external charger, then connecting them directly to the E+ for a ride.

I'm not blaming EPLUS for anything. I just reporting my experiences with the E+. I get errors.....and there is no information, no documentation, no parts (at least that I can afford). That you have had no problems and love your bike is great. You may be one the few, since I don't see very many reporting success.

If you don't mind I'd like to get back to reporting my experience, for those who might have similar problems and might help them keep their bike running.

As I discussed above, I managed to open the hub with brute force since there is no documentation or any information on the web of how to do it properly. I didn't closely examine the controller board until today. I now see one of the mosfets is fried. Please don't blame me, It happens., It may be that this is the source of the Error 1 message and my problems. If that's the case, how would anyone diagnose this problem? If an external controller stopped working, I can find a blown mosfet in a minute and replace it in 30.