Old 02-08-21, 10:25 PM
hsuBM
jj

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 110 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Toespeas
well if you want a classic bike , then you will be limited to the technology that was used to make it , i see tons of bikes of all kinds on the web , if you are looking for an UPGRADE , i would just look for a CAAD 8 or 10 , those frames are sometimes dirt cheap , if you need wide tires and want a pure road frame, you will have to look for disc brakes , but a caad 9 will work as a road cx hybrid , i usually recommend cannondales bikes because they are are always being sold low and are plentiful , they can be found for under 500 , and if your budget is 1000 you have so much room to work with for a real banger , ive seen caad9s in the cx format for 650 , that will give you tires choices up to almost 40mm slick and 35mm knobbed , you dont have to worry about age just , but try to focus on getting a solid technological advancement in frame if you are spending over 500 and dont even worry if under 500 because then you can just focus on buying another cheap bike that you like and is comfy for your sunny day rides , BUT if you have any itch for performance , investing all of that 1000 wisely will allow you to access it int he future if you do get that itch
the frame he’s already got almost definitely will fit 700x35c tires and absolutely will fit 40’s if he goes down to 650b...

While there’s hundreds of threads featuring bikes from the 70s and 60s with full STI/brifter setups and some with carbon wheels, seatposts, and bars- did you even read the OP?

Do you have a Cannondale or two which you’re trying to sell?