Old 02-12-21, 09:22 PM
bonsai171

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 716 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdslw View Post
I got the bottom end Sram Apex build with the 42/11-41 1x drivetrain, I pretty much bought the bike for the frameset with the plans to upgrade just about everything, or everything? So far I have some Ultegra di2 shifters and a set of Spinergy GX wheels. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to go 1x or 2x? So far the 1x has been fine but I wonder how much better it would be to tighten up the gaps on the cassette?
oh cool, I have the same bike! 2019 model. I haven't really noticed too much of a gap with the gears, for me at least, no plans to change to 2x. Got a road bike also, and that is a Shimano 105 11-28 cassette. Almost feels like the gears are too close together. For now the things I want to change are the bar tape to something more cushy, and go to a Absolute Black 38t chainring bc I climb a lot of hills. Eventually wheels too though, the wtb i23s are nice, but the hubs aren't the fastest rolling. The more you ride the bike, the less you will notice the cassette gaps. Of course ymmv.

Dave
Likes For bonsai171: