Old 02-14-21, 02:28 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4332 Post(s)
Liked 3,956 Times in 2,644 Posts
What is the need for that? What will you accomplish that 26" wheels cannot? You can still find plenty of quality rims for 26" and hubs and spokes don't really care too much so long as the spacing is correct and there are tons of those and in terms of tires the options are maybe less than what they were back in the day, there are still plenty of decent 26" MTB options. I can even go and get me some high end custom Industry Nine System wheels with colored spokes and hubs in their Enduro 305 V3.

It could potentially fit but you are going to probably run into the issue of having to run much narrower tires at the front and maybe less knobby to fit. That is not something I would want. Nobody is going narrower these days and if they are they are missing out.

Also I have doubts on the brand new aspect because it is 9 years old but maybe new to you. Though if actually NIB or some dead stock at the shop that would be kinda cool but highly unlikely for a shop to do that. They would have closed that out a while back.