rubiksoval

Bikes: bikes

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2622 Post(s)
Liked 1,429 Times in 711 Posts
Originally Posted by ZHVelo
Your arrogance is astounding.
Well, you can call it what you want, and dismiss it as you see fit.

But suffice to say, unlike you, I'm not the one polling random internet strangers about my training methodologies and clinging to specious correlations with track sprinters and geriatrics lifting weights so they don't break themselves walking down the stairs.

Carbonfiberboy laments about things like this:

Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
I think it's ironic that some riders who claim they do what works diss a rider who did what worked, just because they never tried it. You might try some low cadence on your trainer yourself, just once, eh?
but I've actually done all that. That's my point. I've done periodized weight training in conjunction with periodized on-the-bike training. I did it for years. And I have actual performance data from that time period.

I've also done all the low-cadence hill climb work. I've done all the standing starts, wind-ups, on-the-bike strength work you read about. I bought a pair of rollers to "smooth out my pedal stroke." I've done all the one-legged drills to "engage all the leg muscles." Hell, I even bought a pair of powercranks and used those once or twice a week for a few months just to ensure they weren't absolute bollocks (they were). I've done the massive amounts of low-intensity training (up to 28 hours a week) and lost an entire race season because of it. If Bicycling or Velonews wrote an article about it, I probably tried it.

And I've done all the stuff I do now and had a lot of success with it. Could I have done things differently and still had success? Maybe, but I didn't, so I won't try to argue it.

I'll be the first to say there are a multitude of reasons to do lots of different things on and off the bike for lots of different reasons. And there are lots of things that one rider thinks may work for them while something else works differently for someone else. Of course, at the end of the day, humans are all really, really similar, so that's always something to keep in mind, though there are lots of different needs and things that motivate people.

But again, dismiss if you like. Call it arrogance or whatever. But until you actually put your money where your mouth is, put your season on the line, do all the stuff, see the results, look over the data, and THEN try everything differently and do the same, well, you're just another guy on the internet that reads things and tries to argue about it.

Arrogance vs. ignorance?

Last edited by rubiksoval; 02-14-21 at 08:27 AM.
Likes For rubiksoval: